Broom Dog is alive.. kinda, sorta, a little bit.. maybe?!
Spent the better part of the week working on getting the motor setup for the Broom Dog, but it has not been cooperating! Unfortunately, when I made the broom dog I used materials I had laying around which was 3/4 inch plywood and it ends up being super heavy. The motor is not going to be up to the task of moving the head :<( I broke down and ended up buying a plan which I will never use ( its a waving Santa Clause from http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/ which uses the motor I bought from the company and I want to see how the setup the linkage and connected the motor and see if I was close and then I can use their superior linkage design with my own characters.)
I may end up re-cutting the head from thinner lighter material, or I bought some lazy susans that may be a tigther fit between the body and head and it may take some of the weight off of the motor.
Less than four months away, eeek!!